Other than providing the direct bank transfer as one of the payment methods, Boutir also let merchants to accept customers’ payment via online bank transfer (a.k.a FPX in Malaysia), debit cards, credit cards, or even e-wallets via simple, hassle-free integration with various payment gateways such as Stripe, PayPal, iPay88, and so on.
Why You Should Integrate Payment Gateway Into Your Online Shop:
- You want to collect payment quickly and securely from your customers through online bank transfer (FPX). You want to save time checking proof of payment that your customers would typically upload, ensuring the transaction amount is tally with the order.
- It is convenient for your customers to complete the transaction without leaving your online shop.
- Applying for a payment gateway needs bank’s approval, which means the banks have to conduct due diligence on your business. Hence, it does make you look more legit and professional in the eyes of your customers, subsequently differentiating your business from scams or shabby businesses which are common in the online realm.
Eligibility / Minimum Requirements:
- You have a business registration;
- You have already opened a company bank account;
- You are on Boutir yearly plan; and
- Your online shop is ready with products listing with pricing, product photos, delivery policy, refund policy, contact us details with company name & registration number, contact number, email address and company address, see example.
In the following sections, we will walk you through on the steps to apply and the fees involved for each payment gateway service:
- iPay88 (best for local sales);
- Stripe (best for cross-border sales, read here); and
- PayPal (best for cross-border sales, read here)
A. iPay88 Payment Gateway Service
Boutir now accepts iPay88 to cater to our South East Asian merchants. iPay88 is an Internet Payment Switching Gateway through Credit Card (Visa & MasterCard Only), Internet Banking (E-Debit) & Electronic Wallet (“E-Wallet”), developed and operated by iPay88 (M) Sdn Bhd (formerly known as Mobile88.Com Sdn Bhd).
- Sellers must accept MYR (Ringgit Malaysia) transactions only;
- Business registration with SSM under any business structures such as sole proprietor, partnership, LLP, Sdn Bhd (private limited), and Bhd (limited); and
- Products / Services sold are not under banned, illegal, prohibited, or high-risk categories (view full list).
2. What Are The Payment Options Can iPay88 Support?
- Online bank transfer / FPX;
- Credit Card (Visa, Mastercard, Union Pay, etc.);
- Debit Card (Visa, Mastercard, Union Pay, etc.); and
- E-wallets e.g. GrabPay, Touch N Go, Boost, Maybank QR, MCash, eNetsQR, Shopee Pay, etc
3. What Are The Charges?
Accept FPX. No debit/credit cards
Suits for businesses with monthly revenue more than RM15k
Lowest transaction fee for high sales volume. Support consumer tokenization (see 12 (b))
|Setup Fee (one-off)||RM 488.00||RM 488.00||RM 2,888.00|
|Annual Fee||–||RM 500.00|
(Waived for the following years)
(Waived for the following years)
|Credit Card Application Fees||–||Waived||Waived|
|Total Payable Amount with SST 6%||RM 517.28||RM 1,047.28||RM 3,909.28|
(on each sales)
|Online Banking (FPX)||3.00% or RM 0.60 whichever higher||2.70% or RM 0.60 whichever higher||2.00% or RM 0.60 whichever higher|
4. How Long It Takes For The Payment Settlement Process?
Note: after including the bank’s floating period, it would become nearly two(2) weeks.
Payout of the settlement sum to the merchant is on a weekly basis. The settlement cut-off time of every week will be 24:00 (Malaysia Time) on every Sunday. iPay88 will deposit / transfer the weekly settlement sum (after deduct the transaction fee) into a merchant’s designated bank account via direct debit bank transfer within 5 working days after the weekly settlement cut-off day (exclude bank’s floating period).
5. How Long Does It Normally Take to Get Approved?
Processing time for application registration and approval (upon receiving of full documents):
- Online banking facility (FPX): within 14 working days
- Credit card facility: within 2 – 3 months (or more)
6. How To Verify The Payment Processed by iPay88?
You may login here to view the online e-payment reports by entering the ID and password (provided by iPay88) at the main page. In the report, you able to view:
- All transaction report (include transaction status);
- Daily sales; and
- Monthly sales.
7. How To Apply For iPay88
STEP 1: Fill up the form AND prepare all supporting documents. (note: you may download the application form here)
STEP 2: Fill up online application form here, and attach all the duly signed supporting documents;
Note: You need to prepare all supporting documents before filling up the application form.
STEP 3: iPay88 account manager will get in touch with you. Evaluation process starts.
STEP 4: If approved, iPay88 support team will email the merchant code and merchant key to you. This evaluation normally takes 14 working days.
8. How To Activate iPay88 Payment in Boutir App
After you have successfully obtained the Merchant Code and Merchant Key from iPay88, please refer to the steps below to enable payment:
STEP 1: Launch Boutir app
STEP 2: Go to “Store” tab, tap on “Store Setting”
STEP 3: Go to “Payment”
STEP 4: Enable “Accept iPay88”
STEP 5: Input the Merchant Code and Merchant Key. (Note: if you do not have, please tap on “Register Now”, see steps above in Section 7: How To Apply for iPay88)
STEP 6: Activate the account by first creating a product that worths RM 1.00 at your online shop, and pay for the product via online banking (FPX). Finally, if the transaction is successful, you would need to screenshot the successful transaction and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org to activate the account.
You are done! Happy selling!
9. What Are The Supporting Documents Needed?
1. iPay88 Forms
(Note: Kindly fill up this service application form IN FULL and signed by ONE of the Business Owner / Company director / President (for Association) & affixed with company / association stamp)
- iPay88 MYR Gateway Application Form (Ver 14) [download]
- Fees Structure [ Soho | SME | Enterprise ]
- Dispute Form [download]
2. Company bank statement/cheque book cover/ online banking details print screen (shows company name, bank logo and account number will do)
3. Scanned copy of ALL director(s) NRIC or Passport
4. Company SSM / Business Registration Forms (Full set with CTC)
View the supporting document checklist here for each company structure.
5. Photocopy of Whois Record or Invoice / Receipt of Domain purchased proof (under applicant name) Note: request from Boutir at email@example.com
6. 3 exterior photo showing signage with Company name and 3 interior photo with different angle (home base premises photo / warehouse photo / Retail Shop photo are acceptable)
7. Proof of Payment slip with bank-in date
Note: Kindly bank in the amount stated as per Fee Structure to:
iPay88 (M) Sdn Bhd
CIMB BANK BERHAD
10. Can I Request iPay88 to Cancel a Transaction or Refund to Customers?
Merchant is allowed to refund a particular transaction to the customer and cancel the particular transaction by informing iPay88 to do so.
For payments made via credit card, you can request for a refund for your customers by emailing the transaction ID to firstname.lastname@example.org. Transaction fee is NOT deducted.
For payments made via Online Banking / FPX or E-wallets, you need to manually bank in to customers. Transaction fee is deducted.
11. How Do I Terminate iPay88 Service?
Merchant must write in to terminate the account with 30 days prior notice. If the merchant terminates the account, iPay88 will hold back all funds for 180 days until technical windows for charge-back are closed (to provide cover for possible charge-backs).
12. Other Services
1. If your average product selling price is more than RM 500, and you would like to provide 0% interest installment payment via credit cards only (up to 12 months) for your customers, you may contact iPay88 (Jacky @ +6016-308 5895 , Darren @ +6018-972 8281) to request for Easy Payment Plan (EPP) services made available through Public Bank and Maybank. Approval subject to bank.
2. Consumer Tokenization Features (available only in Enterprise Plan) is a function where the buyer can save their card details as a token and when the buyer revisits your website for the 2nd time, they do not need to key in their details like card name, credit card or debit card number again. Buyer just needs to key in their CVV and wait for TAC to proceed for payment.
3. You can integrate the same payment gateway for more than 1 online shop. You may contact iPay88 (Jacky @ +6016-308 5895) for further details.
13. More Enquiries
If you face an issue with the payment gateway, you may read more here or contact email@example.com, or locate the team at Suite 2B-20-1, 20th Floor, Block 2B, Plaza Sentral, Jalan Stesen Sentral 5, 50470 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.