Boutir is now in partnership with Firework, a short-form video sharing platform which was founded in the U.S. in 2017. Now you can connect your Firework account to your store, so that visitors can watch your promotional videos shown in the storefront! For more information, please visit our website at:
It is believed that many of you want to understand how your videos perform on your online store. To get data about your videos, you should log into Firework, and then click “Insights” after selecting your channel associated with the store. In this article, we would like to briefly explain how to analyze your data which can help you understand the performance easily.
Table of Content
How to go to the “Insights” page?
1. After entering Firework’s homepage (https://firework.tv/), please click “Log in”
2. After logging into Firework, please select the channel associated with your store, and then click “Insights”
What metrics should merchants focus on?
When you browse the “Insights” page, it can show you different metrics about your videos, including:
|Total page views||Total page views counted last month and this month|
|Total Watch Time||Estimated total hours of viewing time of your content from your audience. This includes other websites and apps that embed or link to videos from your channel|
|Views For Your Channel Videos||Total views for your videos across the web, mobile (iOS and Android apps), SDK for the selected date range. This includes other websites and apps that embed or link to videos from your channel|
|Watch Time For Your Channel Videos||Watch time for all the videos of this channel segmented by platform|
|Thumbnail Clicks||An impression is defined as the number of times your video thumbnails were shown to viewers. This card measures how often viewers clicked and watched a video, after seeing its impression in the feed. Total clicks is displayed as a pie chart and CTR is displayed to the right|
|Video CTA Clicks||This measures how often viewers clicked on your call-to-action button that you may have added to your videos. Total clicks is displayed as a pie chart and CTR is displayed to the right|
|Top external domains where your original Videos were played||Traffic from websites and apps that embed your videos or link to your videos. These exclude traffic on your site pages|
|Video Views by Story Type||Total views for your videos that use either a carousel, a grid, storyblock or the story button. This includes other websites and apps that embed or link to videos from your channel|
|Playlist Performance||Key metrics for each playlist|
|Top videos for your playlist||Video performance sorted by views|
|Hashtag Performance||Key metrics for each hashtag|
|Top 10 Hashtag Performance||Key metrics for your hashtags|
|Top URLs on my site with key metrics||Sections of your sites which got the most views in ranked order. This includes your Firework channel|
|Video Performance||Video performance sorted by views|
After clicking your video title, you can understand how your videos perform through different metrics shown on the website:
You should focus on:
- Thumbnail CTR — showing the percentage of times people saw your thumbnail and performed a click. If the percentage is too low, it may represent your title or thumbnail is not attractive, which cannot increase their interest in watching your video
- Avg Watch Time / Average Video completion — showing the average time your audiences spent on watching your video. There are few factors leading to a poor performance:
- A mismatch between your video content and its title/thumbnail
- The video length is too long
- The content is not attractive
- CTA CTR — showing the percentage of times people watched your video and performed a click of its call-to-action button. Similarly, it can lead to a poor result if your content is not appealing enough for your audiences
By gaining insights from the data and metrics, you can figure out the reason why your video cannot encourage potential customers to take actions. This is essential for you to find the right solution and improve the video performance.
(This tutorial is for reference only. If there is any update on the feature, its latest version shall prevail.*)